The Centre for Research on Impact Evaluation (CRIE) is part of the Competence Centre on Microeconomic Evaluation (CC-ME) and provides scientific expertise and methodological support on Counterfactual Impact Evaluation (CIE) to the Directorate General Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (DG EMPL) and Member States for the impact evaluations of interventions funded through instruments managed by DG EMPL, namely the European Social Fund (ESF).
CRIE supports Member States setting up the necessary arrangements for carrying out CIE of ESF funded interventions by:
- organising training sessions on impact evaluation methods;
- providing tailor-made advice on methodological and data issues that arise when designing, implementing and evaluating an initiative;
- carrying out the quantitative analysis for a CIE.
CRIE is also committed to:
- carrying out applied and theoretical research into Counterfactual Impact Evaluation (CIE), in both microeconomic and macroeconomic models;
- building bridges between EU policy makers and the scientific community.